9.22.2008

I'm a nerd. Or maybe it's a geek. I'm not really sure.

So my brother got me hooked on a show out of London on BBC called "Dr. Who". I wanted to resist it at all costs at first, but then I caught an episode that he was watching and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. After he recommended Gilmore Girls for me, you'd think I'd listen to him.

Anyway... I just finished watching the 2nd series... and I can't stop crying.


Here's the jist of it...
"The Doctor's an alien adventurer called a 'Time Lord', seemingly the last of his race, who travels through time and space in his TARDIS battling evil where he finds it. And if she (Rose) travels with him, she'll find herself witnessing the heat-death of the Earth five billion years in the future, meeting Charles Dickens in the past, and encountering lifeforms and invaders stranger than she'd ever thought possible." - taken from imdb.com

You figure out after the first series that the companion, Rose Tyler, is in love with the doctor. (If you haven't seen any of this, then stop reading and get it on Netflix or BBC America or bit torrents.)

In the series 2 finale, Rose gets sucked in to another dimension after telling her mom that she won't leave the Doctor's side. While she is with her Mum, Dad, and best friend Mickey, in this new dimension, she is without the Doctor. He can't travel through the time portal because it needed to be closed to save the world. He figures out that if he gets a bunch of energy to feed into his spaceship, the TARDIS, he can project his image to where she is just to talk to her.

Rose: Where are you?

Doctor: Inside the TARDIS. There's one tiny little gap in the universe left... just about to close. And it takes a lot of power to send this projection. I'm in orbit around a supernova. I'm burning up a sun, just to say goodbye.



This is why I can't stop crying. My friend asked why I haven't tried one of the many dating sites out there... simply put: I deserve a better story than I met him on the internet. I want the kind of love that makes people write episodes of television that make me cry. I want the kind of love that makes me want to travel the universe seeing untold and unimaginable things all while being unsure if I'll ever be able to come home again. Cause even though, The Doctor is part of a TV Show, I still believe that somewhere out there is someone for me who would burn up a sun to spend two minutes with me. I still believe that somewhere out there is someone for me that I would burn up a sun to spend two minutes with.



----------------
Now playing: Once Soundtrack - Say It To Me Now
"I'm scratching at the surface now
And I'm trying hard to work it out
So much has gone misunderstood
This mystery only leads to doubt"
via FoxyTunes

No comments: